Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Tech Review - Wikis
So today we had our first experience with Wikis, and I have to say I really don't enjoy them. They remind me of word documents which I find easier to navigate and more user friendly. I can't really see how I will use these in my classroom. Maybe if I needed a website that everyone can edit and add to, then it might be a good option. Also, it would cut down on how many WORD documents students would have to download if they could just bring them up as a website. Actually, now that I think about it, it might be pretty useful in a classroom because of these things. But the user friendly aspect really bugs me. I know that I am slow to pick up things about technology (i.e. I refuse to get a twitter account because I don't see the point (Facebook does the job well for me!), and my blog took me much longer to set up than I originally thought), so maybe with more practice I can turn the Wiki into something really special and something that I might actually enjoy working with. I'm starting to feel like my parents when it comes to technology, because it is changing so quickly and I am getting left behind. This Wiki is just one thing that I never really knew existed (is Wikipedia really a wiki?). For now, practice makes perfect and I'll have to keep going at it to really learn how it works.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment